Saturday 14 May 2011

Bo Nanafana

What. A. Night!!
This was a couple of first's for me. The first time I'd shot in a nightclub (such hard work, hats off to Rod Penn, the resident Bo Nanafana photographer!), and perhaps rather ashamedly, my first ever Bo Nanafana!  If you've lived in or around Norwich long enough you've probably been to at least one in your time. If not, then let me tell you you're missing out.
Regularly held at The Talk, the nights are themed with titles such as Ju Ju Jamboree to Carry on Swinging. But always with one thing in common, dressing up and having fun!
Tonight's theme was Tropicana with a very Cuban rhythm.  Held in the magnificent Spiegeltent as part of the Norwich & Norfolk Festival tickets sold out months in advance and the doors opened to a long queue of festival goers and Bo regulars all decked out in feathers, flowers and fedoras.





Love this guy! This is the second time I've encountered magician Bob Percy, and he never fails to impress. Seriously, if you're having a party, hire him... you're guests will thank you.




Nights always start with a quick dance lesson dependant on the nights theme. So no excuse not to get down later...






Outside in the Spiegel gardens guests lounged under the stars while DJ's played all night and the Relish boys served up the most incredible gourmet burgers (my venison burger may have saved my life from the late night tequila session...).











And the highlight of the evening? The one and only Cuban Brothers! I caught them once years ago playing in Shoreditch, but they just get better and better. I've never seen so many smiles in one room. Love love love these guys x











Somewhere in here is Helen Stoneley, one of the Bo Nanafana directors and the lady who invited me and my camera along for the evening. Thanks Helen, I had the best night x










Keep your eyes peeled for the next Bo, back at The Talk. You can bet I'll be there... x

5 comments: