Monday 2 May 2011

Un après-midi avec Girl Dubois

I was recently asked to take some promotional shots for the wonderful Girl Dubois and enjoyed the day so much I thought I'd share some images with you.  Girl Dubois are two girl outfit Antonia and Helen who's french/english vocals cover classics such as Roxanne and Girl accompanied by that most french of all instruments - the accordion.
The day of the shoot was a scorcher and we decided to shoot in The Bicycle Shop on St Benedicts.  Antonia had arranged for make up artist Johanna Martin to meet us there.  Johanna, you might be interested to know, worked on Lark Rise to Candleford and also (I was strangely excited to discover) Last of the summer wine! So while the girls and I drank more wine and Pastis than is perhaps professional Johanna not only made the girls look beautiful but also filled us in with gossip on Nora's curlers (and some...)!
















Honestly, I drank so much that afternoon it was a wonder I was able to focus my camera! But thankfully we did manage to get some shots in and the girls looked fantastic.





You can catch Girl Dubois regularly at The Plough Norwich, and also at Play Fest in May - I strongly recommend you do.
Jusqu'à la prochaine fois, au revoir x

No comments:

Post a Comment